Donate to Steel Stingers while you shop on Amazon, Click the link and support the team: AMAZON SMILE!
April 8, 2018 STEM at Q! Our team has been invited to demonstrate at the STEM Day at the Quicken loans arena. We will set up a booth on the Cleveland Cavaliers practice court! All are welcome to attend, each person must have a ticket. You can purchase a ticket at this stem day ticket link ($13 per person).
June 16, 2016 Sharon Twshp Festival! Our team has the opportunity to set up a demonstration at the Sharon Festival. We can also have a fundraising item to sell at our booth.
This year’s Competition Information!
ALL STUDENTS participating in a tournament must be registered with First Robotics. There is no fee, but each student must have current registration paperwork filled out at the following link: First inspires.org new members click register and returning members click log in. You can find instructions at this link: Sign up with First Robotics instructions
Miami Valley Regional: Feb 28- Mar 3, 2018 (Wright State University, Nutter Center, Fairborn, OH)
- Final Trip Details & reminders
- Miami Valley Regional permission slip
- Miami Valley travel schedule and information
Greater Pittsburgh Regional: March 21-24, 2018 (California University California, PA)
Build Schedule (starts Jan.8, 2018)
Students meet every weekday:
Monday thru Thursday 4pm-7pm Friday 2:30-5:30ish
Would you like to be a Mentor? Stop into any of our after school meetings between January 8th thru February 20th to see how we work and what is happening. You have to jump right it in and help out!
Sign Up to Help Out this build season!
The Robotics Boosters have SEVERAL opportunities for you to help out. Click on the sign-ups below to see opportunities for YOU to support the team this upcoming season.
Be a champion: Consider helping with one of the events this season
Team snack sign up: daily snacks for robot builders
2017-18 Parent Booster Meeting Dates:
7PM Band Room (2nd Tuesday of each month)
- Wednesday Sept 6, 2017
- Tuesday Oct. 10, 2017
- Tuesday Nov. 14, 201
- Tuesday Dec. 12, 2017
- Tuesday Jan. 9, 2018
- Tuesday Feb. 13, 2018
- Tuesday Mar. 13, 2018
- Tuesday Apr. 10, 2018
- TENTATIVE Monday May 21, 2018 BANQUET
Gift card calendar raffle (scroll to bottom for list of 2017 winners)
The annual Calendar Raffle is our largest fundraiser of the year. We collect gift card donations and create a calendar with 31 days of winners! 2017 was a great success with $4441 in sales! Thank you to everyone who bought and sold tickets.
Please feel free to use this letter to assist you in asking local businesses for gift card donations for next year’s calendar raffle: Donation Request Letter
Our team hosted our first chipolte fundraiser on November 15th from 4pm-8pm. Where we raised $260 for our club! Watch for our next chipolte fundraiser coming as soon as the Medina Chipolte opens! Click here for a copy of the flyer to share with your friends, families, and neighbors. Chipolte flyers click here
Car Window Decal Sale starts in January:
We will start taking orders for window decals in December and place the orders on March 1st. Many Sports and activities are available! CLICK HERE for the Decal Order Form.
Giant Eagle Apples for the Students
Each time your giant Eagle advantage card is scanned through March 18, 2017 your purchases automatically earn funds for our club!
- Register your Giant Eagle Advantage Card at Gianteagle.com/afts
- Enter our Robotics ID#5537
- Shop with your Giant Eagle Advantage Card.
Donate to Steel Stingers while you shop on Amazon, Click here: AMAZON SMILE!
STEM Day with Cleveland Cavaliers: April 8, 2018
Made in Medina EXPO: October 20, 2017
If you know of a community program that you would like our students to demo the robot to inspire students to participate in STEM programs. Please reach out to the team at: email@example.com
Sign up for Remind
This is the next best thing since sliced bread! You can choose to download the app or simply sign up for text alerts. In either case you will get all the reminders that Mr. Rudolph sends out to the kids in the group.
- Download the “remind me” app and subscribe to “FRC2603”
- TEXT “@frc2603” TO: 81010 and you will get text reminder
Sponsorship: Support our Team!
We are always in need of financial support….Do you know of or work for a company that supports STEM (science Technology Engineering & Math) programs? Robotics is a very expensive endeavor and we are always in need of sponsors for our program.
Congratulations to our 2017 Raffle winners!
- Dec. 1: Don Rannells (Sold by: Bryant Burns)
- Dec. 2: Knerman (Sold by: Anna Back)
- Dec. 3: Diane Thomas (Sold by: Trent Thomas)
- Dec. 4: Kelly Falkenstein (Sold by: Freas Brothers)
- Dec. 5: Judy Bearer (Sold by: Matt Bearer)
- Dec. 6: Sheri Hirter (Sold by: Alyssa Haur)
- Dec. 7: Nisi Pozderac (Sold by: Reagan Faunce)
- Dec. 8: Michelle Tramonte (sold by: JD Tramonte)
- Dec. 9: Jared Villers (Sold by Trent Thomas)
- Dec. 10: Kasie Stiles (sold by: Liggetts)
- Dec. 11: Jen Barr (sold by: Freas boys)
- Dec. 12: Terry Killeen (sold by: Matt & Ian Trent)
- Dec. 13: Amanda Pekar (sold by: Maddie Young)
- Dec. 14: Jennifer Nolte (sold by: Lorylyn Nolte)
- Dec. 15: Janet Slaby (no seller listed)
- Dec. 16: Janet Slaby (no seller listed)
- Dec. 17: Nicole Hunter (sold by: Maddie Young)
- Dec. 18: Alice Rudolph (sold by Nate Rudolph)
- Dec. 19: Eric Richards (sold by: Owen McInnes)
- Dec. 20: Andrew Spisak (sold by: Liggett Family)
- Dec. 21: Robert Schweiper
- Dec. 22: Kim Miller (sold by: Reagan Faunce)
- Dec. 23: Stephanie McElroy (sold by: Maddie Young)
- Dec. 24: Paul Hollenbaugh (sold by: Chloe Hollenbaugh)
- Dec. 25: Melissa Jaszony (sold by: Jonah Freas)
- Dec. 26: Ryan Levan (sold by: Collin Levan)
- Dec. 27: Mike Hollenbaugh (sold by: Chloe Hollenbaugh)
- Dec. 28: Cheryl Liggett (sold by: Liggett Family)
- Dec. 29: Ryan Levan (sold by: Collin Levan)
- Dec. 30: Alison Harsh (sold by: Christian Graber)
- Dec. 31: Janet Slaby (no seller listed)